This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CollectiveBias #essenceEssentials #essenceAtTarget
I am not sure that I have ever come right out and said it, but, I love makeup! There is power in makeup. Power to enhance what is already beautiful. We don't need makeup. It sure is grand fun though, don't you think? I do not have the greatest skin in the world. Sometimes blemishes win the battle - I have scaring from past cystic acne. Makeup is a fantastic camouflage for those not so great spots. I wear makeup because it enhances my best parts and that makes me feel more confident.
And you know what? There is nothing wrong with feeling confident! With or without makeup. The foundation of beauty, cosmetic or natural, is being who you are, who you want to be, and having fun while doing it!
For this look I headed to Target and grabbed everything that I needed - eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, concealer, highlighter, blush and lipstick! Whenever I want to try a new look and need new cosmetics for it, I head to the essence cosmetics panel in the beauty section at Target. I can get everything that I need for a makeup look without breaking the bank and without compromising on quality. Quality cosmetics are essential for a fantastic finished look! If you need high quality, on-trend makeup, run by Target and pickup the essentials from the essence panel!
BLUSH SUMMER MAKEUP TUTORIAL
Easy. Affordable. Effortless.
I collaborated with essence cosmetics at Target for this easy, affordable, and effortless look! I picked up all of the products that I needed [ and many more ;) ] for well under $20. Can I get some praise hands! Today I'm sharing my favorite blush summer makeup tutorial with y'all! I hope you love this natural, feminine look and give it a try yourself!
First things first - Moisturize freshly cleaned skin and pop your hair up into a little half top-knot. Because we might as well look darn cute while putting makeup on! Once your skin is prepped and flyaway hairs are all pulled back, jump right in!
For this look I focused on soft blushes from the essence All About Eyeshadow Roses Palette, pulling from natural pink hues for a feminine, soft, and chic look! I snatched this palette up for $5. It has eight perfectly balanced shadows that you can build soft daytime and smokey evenings look from easily!
• Start by applying the pale pink shadow, from the highlight quad on the left of the palette, all over the lid to create a blush canvas for the rest of this look. With a crease brush, blend the taupe/pink shadow from the lowlights quad on the right, into the crease. Focus this shade heavy in the outer corners of the crease.
This look utilizes a soft cat-eye. We all love the crisp, sultry cat eye, but, we are all unique and not every eye shape can sport the classic sharp cat eye. I used the Kajal Pecil eyeliner in black [ under $2 ], and blended it out softly, with a liner brush, for a gentle flick.
• Cat eyes can be tricky. Use a strip of scotch tape [ press tape on your hand twice so its not too sticky ] under the outer corner of the lash line, along the bottom lash line, at a slight upward angle. Draw the flick on with eyeliner and blend out with a liner brush. Remove tape gently. Voilà! Cat eye.
• Curl lashes and apply a coat of mascara. I used the essence Lash Princess Volume Mascara. It makes them look fuller which is exactly what we're going for! And it only costs $5. That's lash happiness right there.
TIP: After the mascara dries, curl lashes again and apply a second coat of mascara. Focus mascara on ends of lashes for a fuller, longer look.
• Now on to brows! Brows are key to framing the face and drawing attention to the eyes. Fill in your brows with your favorite brow styler, starting at the arch. Fill the color in slightly strong on the tail of the brow, and softer at the front nearest the inner corner of the eye. I use a universal light brow styler.
• Apply concealer in a triangle shape under eyes and blend in with ring finger [ it's the best way to truly blend the product in ]. The Say No To Dark Circles is my favorite concealer! It comes in a chubby stick for easy application and provided excellent coverage. At only $2 it's a fantastic buy!
Highlighter is every girl's friend! Bringing light to the high points of the face wakes up this summertime look and creates soft light catching angles. The essence Soo Glow Cream Highlighter is hands down the best highlighter I have ever used. It goes on light and it easy to blend in if you want just a little shine. I picked up the 'brighten up your life' blush shade for this look [ just $3 ] and it couldn't be more perfect for my pale skin. If you are fair, definitely give this highlight a try!
• Highlight the top of the cheekbones, tip of the nose, top bridge of the nose, brow bones, cupid's bow, and chin.
• Apply contour from the center of ear and two inches forward under cheekbones. It will create a soft warm shadow giving the illusion of more structured cheekbones. Dust bronzer around temples and along hairline for a soft sun kissed glow.
Now for the lips! I cannot get enough of matte liquid lipstick right now, but, for this look I went with something lighter with a touch of shine. I paired the Sheer & Shine Lipstick in Sparkling Miracle [ $2 ] with XXXL Shine Lipgloss [$2] in Big Night Out for a perfectly blush shade of lip color.
• Apply a thin layer of coconut oil to lips and then apply lipstick as base color. Pop lipgloss on top to finish the lips with shine.
And there you have it! That is my easy breezy summertime makeup look. I wear some version of this about four times a week - kicking' it barefaced the rest of the week! This look only takes fifteen minutes and looks effortless. The flush of pink and soft highlights give a natural healthy glow!
PS.. Enter the essence cosmetics MegaHaul HERE for a chance to win some amazing essence goodies to create your own look!
What's your favorite summer makeup look? Do you love a soft cat eye? Let's chat, girls!
Have a beautiful day,